Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bad Decisions and Worse Consequences



I know it’s been a while since my last post.  Let me take you back to the reason it has been so long.

Against all reasoning, I went for a nice little swim in the dam near my house late September.  At some point during my excursion, I cut my foot open.  Then, since I am really stupid, I went for a swim again the next day.  You can imagine my sunburn after that. 

Within a few days, I knew I had problems.  I was continually running (and not the exercise version), I had developed a UTI, pink eye, sinus infection, blurry vision, sprained ankle, and spots all over my skin.  It was time to call the doctor. 

They were worried I had some serious stuff so I went to the hospital for tests and started an antibiotic.  Eventually everything cleared up and I was fine.  Until, the kids at school all started passing around a seasonal cold, which I am still fighting off. 

To top all of that off, my power was out for 5 days during my illness(es).  It’s usually not that big of a deal but I was having to wash dishes by candlelight.  Not very easy when I also don’t have a sink.  

1 comment:

  1. Goodness....be careful!!!
    And don't get eaten by an alligator! ;-)

    ReplyDelete