Thursday, December 5, 2013

Recent Developments



  • ·      Today marks 6 months in Ghana
  • ·      Haven’t cut my hair (except for the back) yet
  • ·      First term of school is now over
  • ·      Sadly, I lost my first student.  She passed away while I was gone on PC business
  • ·      I painted my house
  • ·      I think I am done giving out my number.  I seem to have attracted a few clingy friends/fiancés. 
  • ·      The Harmattan has begun and with it, dust everywhere, dry lips, seasonal cough, etc. 
  • ·      I have easily read 40 books since I have been here.
  • ·      I just celebrated Thanksgiving with some other Volunteers.  We even had a turkey.  It cost 200 cedis, or $100.  Expensive bird! 
  • ·      Projects:

o   The students just completed their second football net. 
o   We are relocating the library soon, which will free up a lot of space in my classroom!
o   Soon, I will start painting Sign Language Numbers and Alphabet for the Kindergarten classes. 
o   I may have mentioned the Vocational Building earlier.  There has still not been any progress with it.  Very frustrating.  



A student in the nose box.  He didn't know I snapped this, much to the delight of the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment